Saturday 22 May 2010

music


I’m not gonna talk specifically about one piece of technology. Instead of that this post is about a kind of technological device: the portable music players. The first one was a “walkman” that works with a tape named “cassette”. For its time it was so freakin’ cool, be able to walk through the city with a “soundtrack of your life” made the experience of music way different than before. My family gives me my first walkman when I was twelve and since that day I could never stop of using some music player.

Afterwards appears a new device whose qualities were better sound and more control over the reproduction. Its name is “discman” and it play “compact discs”. The bad part of the matter was that the discman is way bigger than any other music player, so went out of fashion quickly (i had one but I dislike it for its weight... but obviouly I used it a lot anyways), leavin’ its place to the next device, that is very superior than its predecessors.

The mp3 player appears to stay. The fact that they could play music without carrying the music in a separated object makes it get over the walkman and discman’s portability problems. Mp3 players are very small and they can transport a lot of music and, also, carry information of another kind (text, video, etc.). I get one five years ago and I constantly change it, adding more capacity of music transportation.

But beyond this chronology, the fact is that I can live without some music player, I always need to feel some music to accompany my daily activities or for the special moments... I practically can’t stop to listenin’ music... so you can imagine what the life would be for me without my music player: it would suck.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know that it would do without my ipod... and in this moment without your mp3 xD

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is definitely a important component of our lifes, and the technology has had a good idea with this pieces.

    Bye =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I think mp3 are a good to take music wherever we go, but i don't like some kind of people that are locked on their mp3 en doesn't listen the people around, so i prefer to use it when i'm alone (:

    ReplyDelete